We are in search of….
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and fun FULL TIME MID-LEVEL VISUAL DESIGNER to join our team. OrangeYouGlad is an award-winning creative agency in Brooklyn that specializes in branding, print, web and ux/ui design. Design. We are a passionate bunch that loves helping our clients (nonprofits, startups and small and big businesses) connect with their customers. We also love our little storefront studio, eating lunch together, cats (and dogs) hot sauce, pro-bono clients and ice cream.
We are looking for a mid-level designer with a strong passion for type, web, illustration, branding, color and UI. Basically, a solid foundation of graphic design principles that can be applied to everything from logo design to annual reports to apps and interactive installations.
We are an extremely collaborative studio environment, that provides plenty of opportunity for our designers to have creative ownership of projects. We also work on a strict 9-5 schedule. There is too much other fun stuff we all want to do with our lives, to spend evenings at work.
We are hiring a full time (with benefits) position and the applicant must be able to work 9-5 M-F out of our Brooklyn NY (USA) studio. International applications will not be accepted at this time.
- 3+ year(s) of experience in a creative agency, small studio or in-house team
- Excellent design sense and an open mind
- A portfolio that showcases a wide variety of work
- Ability to keep tabs on your own project, timelines, deliverables
- Excitement to collaborate on projects
- Ability to speak to / present your work
- Advanced knowledge of the adobe suite
- Enthusiasm for social media
- Basic knowledge of Sketch
- Experiencing editing a website through a CMS (wordpress, squarespace, craft or other)
- A tendency to doodle
- Ability to multi-task and work on 2-5 projects within a week
- Extra credit if you have experience with After Effects or HTML/CSS
- a cup that is half full
- been accused of being both “nice” and “clever”
- Create unique concepts for clients
- Collaborate with team on final client vision
- Take creative direction and feedback from the team and iterate on a range of solutions
- Production (with attention to both detail and quality) on all final deliverables for a project – from the tiniest favicon to a full style guide to all the layouts for a new website
- Work within a CMS to finesse client content and update sites we’ve designed
- Contribute to studio’s social feeds with instagram and blog post
- Present to clients
- Manage project timelines/deliverables, be able to ask for help or delegate as needed
- Mentor and participate in managing the careers of junior designers and interns
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Contribute to the development and growth of OYG through workshops, studio retreats, and feedback on how to improve our company and our operations.
How to apply / things to know:
Please send link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications sent without a digital portfolio link will not be considered.
We are not accepting international (non-us) applications
This post is for a Full time position (with benefits).
Applicant must be able to work 9-5 M-F out of our Brooklyn NY (USA) studio