OrangeYouGlad is the freshest little design studio in Brooklyn. We’ve been in business for 18 years and have a diverse set of clients and projects. We work out of a storefront studio in Carroll Gardens and leave promptly at 5:00 every day. We focus on fresh and innovative visual solutions for our clients that often integrate illustration and/or a hint of fun.
We are looking for a mid-level to senior-level designer with UI (product) and Branding skills to join our team remotely for 3-6 months with the possibility to come on full time (on site on Brooklyn NY) once the studio opens back up again. On the digital side of things we design web sites, web apps and mobile apps. We are looking for a talented designer who can take smart UX and translate it into a beautiful, function, high-fidelity UI design system. But wait, there is more – we also do branding, print, and all of the corporate communications design in between.
So… if you are looking for a place to flex your UI, branding, packaging, digital, layout, and illustrations skills? THIS. IS. IT.
OrangeYouGlad is an extremely collaborative studio environment that provides plenty of opportunities for our designers to have creative ownership of projects. We also work on a strict 9-5 schedule and we are all currently working remotely.
- Excellent design sense and an open mind
- 3-6 + year(s) of experience in a creative agency, small studio or in-house team
Experience taking UX concepts into a high fidelity UI design in sketch
- A portfolio that showcases a wide variety of work
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Suite
- Ability to keep tabs on your own project, timelines, deliverables
- A love of branding, branding, identity systems, more branding
- Excitement to collaborate on projects
- Ability to speak to / present your work
- Illustration skills (doodlers wanted!)
- Understanding of web design principles
- Portfolio examples that demonstrate web design experience and branding experience
- Ability to multi-task and work on 2-3 projects within a week
- Extra credit if you have experience with After Effects
- A cup that is half full
How to apply & things to know:
We are hiring for a full-time salaried position.
Please send an introduction and a link to your online portfolio to
Applications sent without a digital portfolio link will not be considered.
Applicant must be able to work 9–5, remotely for 3-6 months. And have an interest in possibly working on site when the city and the studio reopen.
We are not accepting international (non-U.S.) applications.
We may not be able to respond to all emails/submissions but be assured we’ve checked out your work and we thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself.