We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, branding wiz with UI chops to join our team during this busy spring season. OrangeYouGlad is an award-winning creative agency in Brooklyn that specializes in branding, print, web and UX/UI design. We are a passionate bunch that loves helping our clients (nonprofits, startups and small and big businesses) connect with their customers. We also love our little storefront studio, eating lunch together, cats (and dogs) hot sauce, pro-bono clients and ice cream.
Do you have a passion for type, web, illustration, branding, color and UI? Is “pixel perfect” part of your DNA? Are you grounded by a solid foundation of graphic design principles that you expertly apply to everything from logo design to annual reports to apps? Are you always looking for new ways to communicate visually, to break and remake the rules, to find unexpected yet totally on point solutions to visual problems?
Yes to all the above? Fantastic – please drop us a note!
OrangeYouGlad is an extremely collaborative studio environment that provides plenty of opportunities for our designers to have creative ownership of projects. We also work on a strict 9–5 schedule. There is too much other fun stuff we all want to do with our lives to spend evenings at work.
We are hiring for a 3-month contract position (with the potential to extend or transition to full time). Applicants must be able to work 9–5, M–F out of our Brooklyn, NY (USA) studio. International applications will not be accepted at this time.
- 3+ years of experience in a creative agency, small studio or in-house team
- Excellent design sense and an open mind
- A portfolio that showcases a wide variety of work
- Ability to keep tabs on your own projects, timelines and deliverables
- A love of branding, branding, identity systems and more branding
- Excitement to collaborate on projects
- Ability to speak to / present your work
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC and Sketch
- Enthusiasm for social media
- Experience editing a website through a CMS (WordPress, Squarespace, Craft or other)
- A tendency to doodle
- Ability to multi-task and work on 2–5 projects within a week
- Extra credit if you have experience with After Effects or HTML/CSS
- A cup that is half full
- Been accused of being both nice and clever
How to apply / things to know:
Please send an introduction and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com
Applications sent without a digital portfolio link will not be considered.
We are not accepting international (non-U.S.) applications. This post is for a 3-month, on-site contract. Applicant must be able to work 9–5, M–F out of our Brooklyn, NY (USA) studio.
We may not be able to respond to all emails/submissions but be assured we’ve checked out your work and we thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself.