We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and detailed-oriented App UI designer with branding chops to join our team during the busy fall season. OrangeYouGlad is an award-winning creative agency in Brooklyn that specializes in branding, print, web, and UX/UI design. We are a passionate bunch that loves helping our clients (nonprofits, startups, and small and big businesses) connect with their customers. We also love our little storefront studio, eating lunch together, cats (and dogs) hot sauce, pro-bono clients and ice cream.
Do you have a passion for web and ios application design, including the research and planning and testing of UX? And the pixel perfect, branding focused, design-forward UI? Are you always looking for new ways to communicate visually, to break and remake the rules, to find unexpected yet totally on point solutions to visual and usability problems?
Yes to all the above? Fantastic – please drop us a note!
OrangeYouGlad is an extremely collaborative studio environment that provides plenty of opportunities for our designers to have creative ownership of projects. We also work on a strict 9-5:00 schedule. There is too much other fun stuff we all want to do with our lives, to spend evenings at work.
We are hiring for a 3-month contraction position (with the potential to extend or turn full-time).
- 3+ years of experience in a creative agency, small studio or in-house team working on ios or web apps.
- Excellent design sense and an open mind
- A portfolio that showcases a wide variety of work, with proven App UI projects
- Experience reviewing user interviews and user testing and consolidating findings
- Ability to keep tabs on your own project, timelines, deliverables
- A love of branding, branding, identity system, more branding
- Excitement to collaborate on projects
- Ability to speak to and present your work
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Suite
- Ability to multi-task and work on 1-3 projects within a week
- A cup that is half full
- Been accused of being both “nice” and “clever”
How to apply & things to know:
Please send an introduction and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications sent without a digital portfolio link will not be considered.
We are not accepting international (non-U.S.) applications.
Applicant must be able to work 9–5, M–F out of our Brooklyn, NY (USA) studio.
We may not be able to respond to all emails/submissions but be assured we’ve checked out your work and we thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself.